Extra Protection for Your Teeth
You just found out that you have a small cavity and you’re perplexed. You brush more than most, making sure to clean those teeth after every meal with a fluoride toothpaste. You floss every single night, too. So how can you have a cavity when you’re so vigilant about your dental health care routine? Sometimes, no matter how well you care for your teeth, you need a little extra help when it comes to cavity prevention. Lucky for you, Dental Solutions of Mississippi has a solution that just might do the trick: dental sealants.
Sometimes Brushing Isn’t Enough
The grooves in your molars are very deep. In some cases, they’re so deep that even a toothbrush can’t clean out every microscopic particle from their depths. This is why some people — even those with perfect dental care — get cavities despite their best efforts.
Sealants Offer Extra Protection
Sealants coat the grooves of your molars, making them smoother and less deep. Application is painless, simple, and takes little time. If you decide that sealants are what your teeth needs, expect the following procedure:
- Your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned and polished.
- We will then prepare the teeth by applying a special etching gel, which creates the perfect surface for the sealants to adhere to.
- A thin layer of sealant (which will blend with the color of your teeth) will then be applied to your prepared teeth.
- We will cure the sealant with a special light; after shining this light on your sealed molars, your sealants will be set.
- Finally, we will evaluate your bite to make sure your newly sealed molars meet as they should; when we are satisfied with your bite, we will send you on your way to enjoy your newly protected teeth!
Sealants are most often recommended for children, but adults can enjoy their benefits, as well. Whether you want extra protection for yourself or your child, Dental Solutions of Mississippi can help. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment; we proudly serve residents of Canton, Mississippi, and the surrounding communities.